Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dumbledore Is Gay?

I just read this article discussing J.K. Rowling's announcement that Dumbledore is gay. I have to agree a little bit with the article that announcing this after the fact is a bit weak on her part. There's no reason why they couldn't have alluded to it more explicitly in the books themselves if this were the case. I mean in hindsight, I suppose that there is a little bit of reasoning that Dumbledore and Grindelwald had stronger feelings for one another than explicitly stated. Then again, I also can understand that since it was a very private relationship between the two and that Dumbledore is quite secretive, that there was no point at which she could have explicitly revealed it without it sounding forced. Either that or she would have had to make some significant plot or character design changes.

But yeah, in other news, Southern California is still burning. I just read an article saying that the average temperature here in Southern California is about 10 degrees hotter than it usually is, simply due to the fires. That's insane. I had just been thinking that it was awfully warm out today. The whole area is illuminated by this surreal reddish tint. It's not quite as bad where I am as it was during the last huge fires, but it seems like things are gonna keep burning for a little while longer. =(

No comments: