Saturday, November 1, 2008

Legend of the Seeker

I remember seeing ads for this new TV show called "Legend of the Seeker" and thinking that it sounded a bit like the book Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. I never really investigated till I coincidentally saw part of the first episode on TV today and realized "Hey, that's a quad attacking Kahlann!"

Wizard's First Rule is one of my favorite Fantasy novels of recent times and I'm really glad they chose this book to make a television series out of. On top of that, there are advantages to it being a TV series instead of a movie. If they had gone with compressing a book like this into a two hour movie, it would have been terrible.

From what I saw, it looked like it was fairly well done, but Kahlann's hair is supposed to be much longer. This wouldn't be a big deal, but in that world, the social status of women is indicated by their hair length and she's supposed to be even higher status than a queen.

I doubt I'll keep up with this show while it's airing, but I'll probably binge on it when it's done (like I usually do with TV shows I like).

No comments: